Tomcat and set/get values from JavaBeans
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Shreyas_Becker
Posted On:   Wednesday, April 21, 2004 07:23 AM

All: I just started using Tomcat and Java Beans and I have hard time in setting and getting values. i.e. I have a form where I ask the user to enter certain set of values and once the user submits the inform, I try to go and update the database as well. So far, I am able to update the database correctly and able to display user entered values on the web pages correctly. However, I noticed that if I reboot my webserver, I no longer able to display the information previously entered on the form and I have to enter the values all over again. More over, whenever, I try to copy the user entered information to a flat text file, I am unable to retrieve and store. Any help in this regard    More>>

All:
I just started using Tomcat and Java Beans and I have hard time in setting and getting values.

i.e. I have a form where I ask the user to enter certain set of values and once the user submits the inform, I try to go and update the database as well. So far, I am able to update the database correctly and able to display user entered values on the web pages correctly.

However, I noticed that if I reboot my webserver, I no longer able to display the information previously entered on the form and I have to enter the values all over again. More over, whenever, I try to copy the user entered information to a flat text file, I am unable to retrieve and store.

Any help in this regard is highly appreciated!

Thanks!

Shreyas

<<Less

Re: Tomcat and set/get values from JavaBeans

Posted By:   Stephen_McConnell  
Posted On:   Wednesday, April 21, 2004 07:35 AM

When you reboot your server, you are destroying the connection to the session and request objects that Tomcat maintains. You then loose the info in the request object and session objects.

You then have to re-enter them.

Do a search on the Tomcat, Servlet and JSP forums on "maintaining session".... You'll see that this is pretty well cussed and discussed... ;)

Stephen McConnell

About | Sitemap | Contact