How to build XML doc from huge resultsets
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Arun_Kumar
Posted On:   Wednesday, April 21, 2004 04:27 AM

I have to build an application which does data extraction and data conversion based on some complex business logic. That is it reads data from database tables using queries which contain joins and then performs string manipulations on some columns of the returned resultset and then builds an XML document with the values in it. The database is a gigabit database and as such the resultset is very huge. What is the best way of doing this? Using a java application with SQL queries and looping through the resultsets does not work as during a trial run we got many open cursors errors and the application took too long to run on 100,000 records.The real database will have upto a million records. Are there any    More>>

I have to build an application which does data extraction and data conversion based on some complex business logic.
That is it reads data from database tables using queries which contain joins and then performs string manipulations on some columns of the returned resultset and then builds an XML document with the values in it.

The database is a gigabit database and as such the resultset is very huge. What is the best way of doing this?
Using a java application with SQL queries and looping through the resultsets does not work as during a trial run we got many open cursors errors and the application took too long to run on 100,000 records.The real database will have upto a million records.
Are there any tools out there which will enable me to do this?
Any help will really be appreciated

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact