Multiple Tomcat Instances and Use of CATALINA_BASE
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Marco_CAMPIGLIO
Posted On:   Wednesday, April 21, 2004 02:37 AM

Hi everybody. This issue has been discussed several times but I never figured out how to manage it. My problem is to run two different environments for my J2EE application in the same machine. I mean a production env. and a dev. env. The application is contained into Jakarta Tomcat 4.X. I know that setting CATALINA_BASE as environment variable and putting conf, webapps, logs, work folders under the CATALINA_BASE pointed location, the server is configured to run multiple instances. I also modified the server.xml file in order to listen to port YYYY for the production env. and ZZZZ for the dev. env. When I startup the ser   More>>

Hi everybody. This issue has been discussed several times but I never figured out how to manage it.

My problem is to run two different environments for my J2EE application in the same machine. I mean a production env. and a dev. env.

The application is contained into Jakarta Tomcat 4.X.

I know that setting CATALINA_BASE as environment variable and putting conf, webapps, logs, work folders under the CATALINA_BASE pointed location, the server is configured to run multiple instances.

I also modified the server.xml file in order to listen to port YYYY for the production env. and ZZZZ for the dev. env.

When I startup the server, I can log into the two different environments. But my goal is to start the two instances indipendently in order to shut down one without effect on the second.

Any tip??

Many thanks for all the valuable help you may give!

MarcoC

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact