dcsimg
help: need to read binary file header data with known file format.
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Rick_G
Posted On:   Monday, April 19, 2004 03:01 PM

I'm looking to read some metadata about a few different kinds of media files, such as a ASF or quicktime. Could someone point me in the right direction for reading the data in correctly. For example, the main header of an ASF media file is... // Field Name Field Type Size (bits) // Object ID GUID 128 // Object Size QWORD 64 // Number of Header Objects DWORD 32 // Reserved1 BYTE 8 // Reserved2 BYTE 8 can someone tell me how to properly extract the 3rd field( number of header objects) from the file? I assume there is some by   More>>

I'm looking to read some metadata about a few different kinds of media files, such as a ASF or quicktime. Could someone point me in the right direction for reading the data in correctly. For example, the main header of an ASF media file is...

// Field Name Field Type Size (bits)
// Object ID GUID 128
// Object Size QWORD 64
// Number of Header Objects DWORD 32
// Reserved1 BYTE 8
// Reserved2 BYTE 8

can someone tell me how to properly extract the 3rd field( number of header objects) from the file? I assume there is some byte order conversion involved in this. Thanks for any help.

-Rick    <<Less

Re: help: need to read binary file header data with known file format.

Posted By:   kalyan_kumar  
Posted On:   Monday, April 19, 2004 09:33 PM

DWORD is an windows native integer. you could read the DWORD using readInt method available in DataInput/RandomAccessFile class.

About | Sitemap | Contact