JLabel
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Alexander_Boerma
Posted On:   Friday, April 16, 2004 06:21 PM

I'm making a status bar with a JLabel component. It's displaying scrolling text from right to left. A long String seems to comes from the right and slowly goes to the left and disappers there. If the string is finished, it will start from the beginning. I've programmed this with a javax.swing.Timer object which is responsible for updating the text in the JLabel in a way that it SEEMS that the text is scrolling. Actually the status bar displays drinks with prices and the prices declines with 10 cents every 30 seconds. My problem is that I need to change the String during that process and that the4 changes will also be visible on the JLabel. How do I do this ? I have to processes which must change the same data   More>>

I'm making a status bar with a JLabel component. It's displaying scrolling text from right to left. A long String seems to comes from the right and slowly goes to the left and disappers there. If the string is finished, it will start from the beginning.

I've programmed this with a javax.swing.Timer object which is responsible for updating the text in the JLabel in a way that it SEEMS that the text is scrolling.
Actually the status bar displays drinks with prices and the prices declines with 10 cents every 30 seconds.

My problem is that I need to change the String during that process and that the4 changes will also be visible on the JLabel.

How do I do this ? I have to processes which must change the same data !

Thanxs,

Alex

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact