Comment on xdoclet usability
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Thursday, April 15, 2004 08:01 AM

Is xdoclet worth in real apps? Hi, i'm done making tutorial j2ee apps and started a professional app now. As i cannot afford proprietary softwares, i'm on jboss, eclipse(lomboz), mysql, etc... At the very beginning of development, i realized the tutors (using lomboz) i've done are not actually aplicable in real life (of course). In fact... - In real life i'm designing the app with the best patterns i found. Then, i realized that i would actually learn a lot about xdoclet so i can use some patterns (and other practices) on my app. Also, i xdoclet doesn't support all pattern directly (i mean with its tags) and anyother special techniques i'd like to use. So, here is my question. Is it wo   More>>

Is xdoclet worth in real apps?

Hi,
i'm done making tutorial j2ee apps and started a professional app now.

As i cannot afford proprietary softwares, i'm on jboss, eclipse(lomboz), mysql, etc...
At the very beginning of development, i realized the tutors (using lomboz) i've done are not actually aplicable in real life (of course). In fact...

- In real life i'm designing the app with the best patterns i found. Then, i realized that i would actually learn a lot about xdoclet so i can use some patterns (and other practices) on my app. Also, i xdoclet doesn't support all pattern directly (i mean with its tags) and anyother special techniques i'd like to use. So, here is my question.

Is it worth spending time learning xdoclet or should i spend time actually "hand coding" everything in my app (descriptors, java code, etc...)??? Using xdoclet, would i face more, less or the some problems when i "hand code"?

Thanks,
ltcmelo

<<Less

Re: Comment on xdoclet usability

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Friday, April 16, 2004 04:05 AM

XDoclet is worth to learn :-) But I read a nice sentence "don´t generate what you don´t understand". And my experience with MDA is exactly that. You have to know what happens - you don´t have to do it all the time by hand ...
So do your first (very small) example completely by hand that start XDoclet. BTW I recommend "XDoclet in Action".
About | Sitemap | Contact