Open a javascript window from the struts framework (without cookies)
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Hans_Peter
Posted On:   Monday, April 12, 2004 09:13 AM

This problem has to do with sessions and javascript. When I open a new javascript-window (with window.open(docURL,"newWindow","width="+imageWidth+",height="+imageHeight+",scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,left="+myLeft+","myTitle"); ), cookies are on and use the -tag everything works. Now I changed to the in hope to get the session-key while opening the javascript-window (cookies are off). What I then get is an error (in Firefox): "Redirection limit for this URL exceeded. Unable to load the requestet Page. This may be caused by cookies that are blocked." . My Conclusion is, that the session doesn't reach the javascript window. The code I    More>>

This problem has to do with sessions and javascript. When I open a new javascript-window (with window.open(docURL,"newWindow","width="+imageWidth+",height="+imageHeight+",scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,left="+myLeft+","myTitle"); ), cookies are on and use the -tag everything works.

Now I changed to the in hope to get the session-key while opening the javascript-window (cookies are off). What I then get is an error (in Firefox): "Redirection limit for this URL exceeded. Unable to load the requestet Page. This may be caused by cookies that are blocked." . My Conclusion is, that the session doesn't reach the javascript window.

The code I first used (works with cookies):

As I wrote I changed to this:

Further I tried this:
<%= request.getSession().getId() %>','700','430','')">

But if I use the last statement the code <%= request.getSession().getId() %> is interpeted like a String.

Does someone know that my plan to open a javascript-window without cookies is possible? When yes how?

My solution until now is to open a new browser-window an that looks not really good.    <<Less

Re: Open a javascript window from the struts framework (without cookies)

Posted By:   Hans_Peter  
Posted On:   Tuesday, April 13, 2004 08:13 AM

I know now how to get the session-key in the link, but the error-message is still 'alive'.

Sessionkey in link:

">
About | Sitemap | Contact