Newbie Web Services Question: Java Classes with Web Services?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Shaun_Lim
Posted On:   Sunday, April 11, 2004 09:41 PM

First off, I'll like to say that it has been a long hard climb getting started with Web Services. I'm using JWSDK 1.3 as my development/deployment platform I finally managed to get a web service running and a client connect to it. Great. Then i tried to call some java classes from the "implementation" file. doesnt work. I get the error i saw some others get while doing a search on google. This is the error: [java] java.rmi.ServerException: JAXRPC.JAXRPCSERVLET.28: Missing port information [java] at com.sun.xml.rpc.client.StreamingSender._raiseFault(StreamingSender.java:372) [java] at com.sun.xml.rpc.client.StreamingSender._send(StreamingSender   More>>

First off, I'll like to say that it has been a long hard climb getting started with Web Services.

I'm using JWSDK 1.3 as my development/deployment platform

I finally managed to get a web service running and a client connect to it. Great. Then i tried to call some java classes from the "implementation" file. doesnt work.

I get the error i saw some others get while doing a search on google. This is the error:

[java] java.rmi.ServerException: JAXRPC.JAXRPCSERVLET.28: Missing port information
[java] at com.sun.xml.rpc.client.StreamingSender._raiseFault(StreamingSender.java:372)
[java] at com.sun.xml.rpc.client.StreamingSender._send(StreamingSender.java:224)
[java] at staticstub.InventoryIF_Stub.returnRequestInfo(InventoryIF_Stub.java:68)
[java] at staticstub.HelloClient.main(Unknown Source)

nobody seemed to have any luck getting help. i pray i would be luckier. splitting headache now..

again..thanks in advance

<<Less

Re: Newbie Web Services Question: Java Classes with Web Services?

Posted By:   Unmesh_kulkarni  
Posted On:   Thursday, April 22, 2004 06:13 AM

Most likely cause: Missing jars in the web service implementation application (war file).
Please check if the classes you're using in your web service implementation file are in the "lib" directory of your web service war file.

General solution:
The particular problem that causes the "Missing Port Information" errror is normally masked and difficult to locate.

Here's what you need to do:

(In case of the Sun Java System Application Server Platform Edition 8) In your domain's log directory, there is a server.log file that gives the details of what classes are missing, or what else is going wrong on the implementation side. This will be in the form of "RuntimeException" followed by a "Caused by:" stack trace.

Fix that, redeploy, run the client again, and you should be fine.

About | Sitemap | Contact