Tomcat 5.0.19 and Authentication Filters
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:
 

Posted By:   Rick_Feldmann
Posted On:   Tuesday, April 6, 2004 08:09 AM

I'm working on an application that uses and filter for authentication. The filter works fine in Tomcat 4.1.29, but doesn't work in Tomcat 5.0.19. The method request.getUserPrincipal is always returning null in Tomcat 5. I am using a JDBCRealm for authentication.


I've been searching the web for three days and can't find anything that says authentication filters changed between Tomcat 4 and Tomcat 5. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Tomcat 5.0.19 and Authentication Filters

Posted By:   Rick_Feldmann  
Posted On:   Wednesday, April 7, 2004 12:50 PM

Well, it looks like on day 5 I managed to resolve the problem. It seems that the context xml files have moved from the webapps directory to conf/Catalina/localhost directory. I finally read through the startup processes that Tomcat 5 was dumping and noticed that my application wasn't starting. I then started looking around for context xml files (server.xml doesn't seem to have any context anymore) and found them in conf/Catalina/localhost. I moved my context file into that directory and restarted Tomcat. The authentication filtering started working properly. Yippee!!!
About | Sitemap | Contact