dcsimg
I need some ideas for a Database Operator
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   rick_murphy
Posted On:   Thursday, April 1, 2004 05:59 PM

if a program regist a connection from Database, it must release the connection at last, also, if a program regist a statement from a connection ,it must release it too. For this reason, there will appear code as follow: Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection("....."); Statement stat = conn.createStatement(); ResultSet rst = stat.executeQuery(sql); //do something with rst rst.close(); stat.close(); conn.close(); many people feel that it's fussy to release connection and statement manually. So, i want to encapsulate the Database operations in a class, the class should have the feature to release the database resource automatical   More>>

if a program regist a connection from Database, it must release the connection at last, also, if a program regist a statement from a connection ,it must release it too. For this reason, there will appear code as follow:

Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection(".....");

Statement stat = conn.createStatement();

ResultSet rst = stat.executeQuery(sql);

//do something with rst

rst.close();

stat.close();

conn.close();

many people feel that it's fussy to release connection and statement manually. So, i want to encapsulate the Database operations in a class, the class should have the feature to release the database resource automatically.

but

i can not know how long will the ResultSet be used,when i release the statement, the ResultSet was destroyed too.

how can i resolve this problem?

thanks alot!!!

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact