change the language (Locale) from any page of the application
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Laleendra_Pethiyagoda
Posted On:   Thursday, April 1, 2004 06:55 AM

Hello all, Im quite sure that you have had this question many times beofore. The question is, how do I get the locale to chage from any page of my web application? Im currently involved in a web based information system development that supportts 4 languages. (English - the default, french, Spanish and Dutch). The user selects a path ( customer or service provider ) and on both occations taken to the page that allws the user to change the language (BEFORE LOGIN). The page is language.jsp. mapping path = chooselanguage.do. there are 4 links for the languages . when clicked on the language ,the action class sets the new locale [ Locale locale=new Local(localeLanguage); setLocale(request,locale) ; return (new ActionF   More>>

Hello all, Im quite sure that you have had this question many times beofore. The question is, how do I get the locale to chage from any page of my web application?

Im currently involved in a web based information system development that supportts 4 languages. (English - the default, french, Spanish and Dutch). The user selects a path ( customer or service provider ) and on both occations taken to the page that allws the user to change the language (BEFORE LOGIN). The page is language.jsp. mapping path = chooselanguage.do. there are 4 links for the languages . when clicked on the language ,the action class sets the new locale
[
Locale locale=new Local(localeLanguage);
setLocale(request,locale) ;
return (new ActionForward("/login.jsp"));
]
and the user is taken to the login page, with the corrct localisation. there is a link called (change language) in every page that takes the user BACK to language.jsp and when they change over to another language, the user must be redirected / forwared to the page she was before. if this makes any sense.... can someone please help? Thank you in advance.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact