Java SMS application
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Lorus_Guth
Posted On:   Sunday, March 28, 2004 02:02 AM

Hi, I am thinking of developing a sms service on my java web site. I.e. people should be able to send a sms to my app. and the app will reply with some info. However I do not have any experince with this. Therefore I was hoping to get some help. If anyone have some experiences, I would be very happy to hear from you. ok, here are my concers/issues: 1. What kinds of API exists for this 2. What sort of server software etc do I need to set up to be able to recieve sms messages in my java program. 3. What kind of contracts do I need to sign with my mobil compnay (I want to recieve messages from customers, these messages should have a associated cost...) 4. does anyone have experience about how long time I should e   More>>

Hi,
I am thinking of developing a sms service on my java web site. I.e. people should be able to send a sms to my app. and the app will reply with some info. However I do not have any experince with this.
Therefore I was hoping to get some help. If anyone have some experiences, I would be very happy to hear from you.
ok, here are my concers/issues:
1. What kinds of API exists for this
2. What sort of server software etc do I need to set up to be able to recieve sms messages in my java program.
3. What kind of contracts do I need to sign with my mobil compnay (I want to recieve messages from customers, these messages should have a associated cost...)
4. does anyone have experience about how long time I should estimate for setting up a service like this?
Any good links with howto's etc?

Lorus

<<Less

Re: Java SMS application

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Thursday, April 22, 2004 04:02 AM

Ok dear plz. my input is as follows:

1. What kinds of API exists for this

Sun J2ME toolkit provide WMA (Wireless messaging Api's for developing SMS application for J2ME enable mobiles

2. What sort of server software etc do I need to set up to be able to recieve sms messages in my java program.

There are two Java SMS tools already available for enterprise markets.

1- Object XP's jSMS by

2- SimpleWire Java SMS package by

3. What kind of contracts do I need to sign with my mobil compnay (I want to recieve messages from customers, these messages should have a associated cost...)

out of develoers scope

4. does anyone have experience about how long time I should estimate for setting up a service like this? Any good links with howto's etc?

sorry i have no such experience ......

wish u good luck...regards
About | Sitemap | Contact