dcsimg
Large datamodule code segment limit
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Sergiy_Zergicomb
Posted On:   Friday, March 26, 2004 02:13 AM

Hello all! I develop database application with JBuilder 9 using DataExpress and dbSwing components. All queries (about 150 datasets with 750 columns) are in datamodule. It appears that jbInit method of datamodule has exceeded JVM code segment limit of 65535 bytes. On compiling it gives me the message: java.lang.ClassFormatError: crystaldb/MainDataModule (Code of a method longer than 65535 bytes) If I split the method in two smaller methods, datamodule designer refuse to work properly. Is there any solution or workaround except breaking application apart? Also is it possible to split class definition in several files to speed up JBuilder parsing? Thank you in advance.    More>>

Hello all!
I develop database application with JBuilder 9 using DataExpress and dbSwing components. All queries (about 150 datasets with 750 columns) are in datamodule. It appears that jbInit method of datamodule has exceeded JVM code segment limit of 65535 bytes.
On compiling it gives me the message:
java.lang.ClassFormatError: crystaldb/MainDataModule (Code of a method longer than 65535 bytes) If I split the method in two smaller methods, datamodule designer refuse to work properly.
Is there any solution or workaround except breaking application apart? Also is it possible to split class definition in several files to speed up JBuilder parsing?

Thank you in advance.

<<Less

Re: Large datamodule code segment limit

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Friday, March 26, 2004 06:36 AM

Sounds like maybe you should write the data module in Fortran (which is intended for such massive sorts of array processing etc.) rather than Java, and interact with it from Java via JNI.

About | Sitemap | Contact