Hi if i wnat to get some files and Folder From Linux server which is located on diffeerent loction to my local machine what is the method
4 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   alavalathi_k
Posted On:   Thursday, March 25, 2004 05:06 AM

Hi if i waat to get some files and Folder From Linux server which is located on diffeerent loction to my local machine what is the method

Re: Hi if i wnat to get some files and Folder From Linux server which is located on diffeerent loction to my local machine what is the method

Posted By:   Simon_Ablett  
Posted On:   Tuesday, May 11, 2004 08:54 AM

If the remote machine is running an FTP server (check for a process called 'ftpd' or such like)I would use FTP.

Alternatively, look at 'rcp' or one of the other suggestions listed below.

On the other hand, are you wanting to get the files programmatically (i.e. using Java)?

Regards.

Re: Hi if i wnat to get some files and Folder From Linux server which is located on diffeerent loction to my local machine what is the method

Posted By:   mary_anu  
Posted On:   Tuesday, May 11, 2004 08:39 AM

You can use the "scp" command.

scp @:

: username and ip of the Linux server.
: location of the file in the server

You need the username and password of the Linux server. It will be copied to your present working directory.

For transferring folders, comprees it and then transfer.

Posted By:   Glenn_Mason  
Posted On:   Thursday, April 1, 2004 05:57 PM

Or scp to secure-copy the file. (You can get ssh/scp for Windows, if your local machine isn't Linux.)

This would be using Runtime.exec().

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Thursday, March 25, 2004 05:59 AM

I would perhaps do an ssh, executing a tar and piping the output.

About | Sitemap | Contact