dcsimg
XInclude Xerces 2.6.0 and validation
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Wednesday, March 10, 2004 12:10 AM

Using Xerces 2.6.0 to handle parsing plus the documentation says that XInclude is supported (minus XPointer). However, after setting the XInclude parser configuration property via System it seems validation must be tured off to pull in sub-xml-documents. Otherwise, I get the following parse error: "[tuxedo@sadbarkprodtest2]% sers.XIncludeParserConfiguration version_2/applications/XMLFacade xinclude.xml < java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to build document (File). Error on line 12 of document file:/program/development/java/projects/XMLinstallation/version_2/test/xinclude.xml: Error attempting to parse XML file (href='metadata.xml')." Is it something with the schema (wrong processContents setting)?    More>>

Using Xerces 2.6.0 to handle parsing plus the documentation says that XInclude is supported (minus XPointer). However, after setting the XInclude parser configuration property via System it seems validation must be tured off to pull in sub-xml-documents. Otherwise, I get the following parse error:

"[tuxedo@sadbarkprodtest2]% sers.XIncludeParserConfiguration version_2/applications/XMLFacade xinclude.xml <
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to build document (File). Error on line 12 of document file:/program/development/java/projects/XMLinstallation/version_2/test/xinclude.xml: Error attempting to parse XML file (href='metadata.xml')."

Is it something with the schema (wrong processContents setting)? Or possibly the XML document model I am using (JDOM with SAXBuilder)?

Without validation using XInclude is useless (to me anyway). Any ideas?

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact