java.lang.OutOfMemoryError from jdbc
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Satya_T
Posted On:   Friday, March 5, 2004 12:10 AM

Hi all, I am connecting to a database using jdbc. The database has huge data around 25MB, and I am executing a select query (whose result has 50,000 tuples) thru jdbc. When I try to do this, the program aborts with the exception, java.lang.OutOfMemoryError. Is there some limit on the size of data that can be retruned as the result? Also, In the system I am building, the project list in the select query is a huge one,around 70 columns. When the size of the tuples to be selected is reduced or the number of columns to be projected is reduced, there's no out of memory error. But for the 50,000 tuple result with a 70 column project list, it fails. What is the reason? And is there any way out? Kindly help.    More>>

Hi all,
I am connecting to a database using jdbc. The database has
huge data around 25MB, and I am executing a select query (whose result has 50,000 tuples) thru jdbc. When I try to do this, the program aborts with the exception,
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError.
Is there some limit on the size of data that can be retruned as the result? Also, In the system I am building, the project list in the select query is a huge one,around 70 columns. When the size of the tuples to be selected is reduced or the number of columns to be projected is reduced, there's no out of memory error. But for the 50,000 tuple result with a 70 column project list, it fails. What is the reason? And is there any way out?
Kindly help.

<<Less

Re: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError from jdbc

Posted By:   Stephen_McConnell  
Posted On:   Friday, March 5, 2004 06:58 AM

Do some calculations... see how large your records are... see how many records you are trying to load in memory... Now, does your computer have that much memory?

Stephen McConnell

About | Sitemap | Contact