dcsimg
Running an applet jar file
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Hemachand_Narem
Posted On:   Wednesday, March 3, 2004 08:46 AM

Hi , I have a jar file (spike.jar) for my applet,it has one main class isigen.class and two more listener classes (Isigen$MyWindowAdapter.class, Isigen$SampleFrame.class), how do I run the applet with jar file. If I use the command java -jar spike.jar , it gives the error "Failed to load Main-Class manifest attribute from spike.jar", I used a text file with mainclass as a header it didn't work. one more question regarding the same applet, it says the applet not initialized and it doesn't load. I can succesfully run the applet with the command appletviewer isigen.java. I am sure the problem is not with IE bcoz I have another working applet. Sorry for such a big question.    More>>

Hi ,
I have a jar file (spike.jar) for my applet,it has one main class isigen.class and two more listener classes (Isigen$MyWindowAdapter.class, Isigen$SampleFrame.class), how do I run the applet with jar file. If I use the command java -jar spike.jar , it gives the error "Failed to load Main-Class manifest attribute from spike.jar", I used a text file with mainclass as a header it didn't work.

one more question regarding the same applet, it says the applet not initialized and it doesn't load. I can succesfully run the applet with the command appletviewer isigen.java. I am sure the problem is not with IE bcoz I have another working applet.

Sorry for such a big question.

<<Less

Re: Running an applet jar file

Posted By:   nicola_costantini  
Posted On:   Monday, May 10, 2004 08:06 AM

the manifest file should be:
Main-Class: isigen

To compile:
jar cmf manifest.mft xxxx.jar *.class

To run:
java -jar xxxx.jar

It should go