dcsimg
Is there a good WYSIWYG editor for JFreeReport report templates?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   neal_ravindran
Posted On:   Wednesday, February 18, 2004 07:42 AM

Is there a good WYSIWYG editor for JFreeReport report templates? Yes, I saw jfred at sourceforge and downloaded it. But it is like the "dog getting a coconut". Did not see any documentation on the net or in the zip distribution. So me have no clue how to use jfred(I presume you start it with java -jar jfred.jar..but not sure....Afraid to try it on my personal laptop -- who knows wazza inside, might send me to the moon;) Yes, I could write the template and use my eyes 2.0 to tweak it...but I seem to be burning hours on end (while making my customer grrr...in the process;) tweaking and looking at the output (repeated a zillion times) So if you know of a more elegant way of writing the JFreeReport report templates, pls    More>>

Is there a good WYSIWYG editor for JFreeReport report templates?

Yes, I saw jfred at sourceforge and downloaded it. But it is like the "dog getting a coconut". Did not see any documentation on the net or in the zip distribution. So me have no clue how to use jfred(I presume you start it with java -jar jfred.jar..but not sure....Afraid to try it on my personal laptop -- who knows wazza inside, might send me to the moon;)

Yes, I could write the template and use my eyes 2.0 to tweak it...but I seem to be burning hours on end (while making my customer grrr...in the process;) tweaking and looking at the output (repeated a zillion times)

So if you know of a more elegant way of writing the JFreeReport report templates, pls share. I am new to it and have made a caveman's approach to using it. JFreeReport is a good tool and the right tool for me (what else can give at least 4 report formats with one xml report template??), but like the old adage says, the right tool in wrong hands = disaster :(

<<Less

Re: Is there a good WYSIWYG editor for JFreeReport report templates?

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Wednesday, February 18, 2004 11:37 AM

Hi! Have you tried JasperReports ?? I am quite satisfied with it and if you use Eclipse you can have a look at JasperAssistant. WYSIWYG enought for me..
i hope this help...
About | Sitemap | Contact