Forwarding to an action with a different bean type
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Muneeb_Bokhari
Posted On:   Friday, February 13, 2004 12:38 PM

I'm trying to forward from one action to another, both of the actions have different FormBeans. Whenever I try to forward, I get an error saying "BeanUtils.populate: IllegalArgumentException: bean not specified" Any idea why I would be getting this error, and how to fix it? I've attached relevent struts-config.xml below Basically, when a user searches, they have the option of editing the an entry, once the user edits the entry, they call updateDataMatrixRow.do, after that, the dataMatrixBackAction is called which creates an ActionForward back to the search results with relevent queryString. I cannot uses redirect since I need to retain message information    More>>

I'm trying to forward from one action to another, both
of the actions have different FormBeans. Whenever I
try to forward, I get an error saying "BeanUtils.populate: IllegalArgumentException: bean not specified"

Any idea why I would be getting this error, and how to fix it? I've attached relevent struts-config.xml below

Basically, when a user searches, they have the option of editing the an entry, once the user edits the entry, they call updateDataMatrixRow.do, after that, the dataMatrixBackAction is called which creates an ActionForward back to the search results with relevent queryString.

I cannot uses redirect since I need to retain message information

type="com.nissan.rmdm.datamatrix.actions.UpdateDataMatrixRowAction"
name="dataMatrixFormBean" scope="request" validate="false">

type="com.nissan.rmdm.common.actions.BaseBackAction" name="nullForm"
scope="request">

type="com.nissan.rmdm.datamatrix.actions.SearchDataMatrixAction"
name="dataMatrixSearchFormBean" scope="request">

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact