Question on Frames within Tiles
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Pattie_Haynes
Posted On:   Wednesday, February 4, 2004 11:53 AM

Is there a good place/article/sample code to check out, for mixing framesets and tiles. The App that I am working on seems to need to use both. Basically, we have to display content such that there are 2 frames, the left one showing some text, while the right one accepts user input. Both these also need to be scrollable separately. My intention is to somehow include these frames within a Body tile. The other issue is that there is also a footer tile, which might need to include a frameset. The reason being the the control buttons need to always be visible(without having to scroll to view them). Here is what i tried: Layout used    More>>

Is there a good place/article/sample code to check out, for mixing framesets and tiles.
The App that I am working on seems to need to use both.
Basically, we have to display content such that there are 2 frames,
the left one showing some text, while the right one accepts user input.
Both these also need to be scrollable separately.

My intention is to somehow include these frames within a Body tile.
The other issue is that there is also a footer tile, which might need to include a frameset.
The reason being the the control buttons need to always be visible(without having to scroll to view them).

Here is what i tried:

Layout used for the Body:

quiz actually has a value in the tile-defs that points to the quizcontent.jsp shown below:

The problem with this is that the "/practicequizzes/quiz.jsp" is never actually sourced and I just see nothing in the body tile.

Thanks,

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact