use case problem
4 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   voros_sandrine
Posted On:   Wednesday, February 4, 2004 08:36 AM

Hello,

I would like to develop an application in which a user controls a robot that holds a camera. The images provided by the camera are analysed by the system to define "high level" commands (such as track a target). Thus, the system has a model of the targets. Some of the target's positions are also known thanks to position sensors

My problem is that I don't know how to define my actors : is the only actor the surgeon or can/must the robot, the camera and the position sensors be considered as actors too ?

thanks for your help

Re: use case problem

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Sunday, February 8, 2004 05:33 PM

My site URL should be:
[Visit: All about UML]

Posted On:   Sunday, February 8, 2004 05:33 PM

My site URL should be:

Posted On:   Sunday, February 8, 2004 05:13 PM

I think Surgeon is the actor.

Robot, camera, sersors must not be the actors.

Posted By:   c_m  
Posted On:   Friday, February 6, 2004 02:45 AM

You must first answer the question what is the boundary of the system/application you are describing? Actors are external to this boundary.

If your application (the system) receives messages from the user, position sensors and interacts with other external devices/users (camera), and these are not considered part of the system then these are all actors.

However, components (image analyser) which are part of the system will not be actors.

Although system boundary definition may appear trivial and is often neglected in use case analysis, it is an essential step in order to build an accurate use case model and fully understand what your system does.

Hopes this helps

CM

www.liemur.com

About | Sitemap | Contact