Struts & Software such as Dreamweaver ...
4 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Tuesday, February 3, 2004 12:41 AM

Hi,

I'd like to use Struts in my project, but I first would like to know if it is possible to both use Struts and Dreamweaver together. I read a book where it is said : "When you use Struts, you should only use Struts tags", but I think that software such as Dreamweaver won't understand this kind of tags !

My question is simple : Is there a way to use Struts both with a web design software ?

Thanks for your advices

Re: Struts & Software such as Dreamweaver ...

Posted By:   Mathieu_Hanouz  
Posted On:   Monday, February 16, 2004 08:41 AM

You can customize dreamweaver "understandable-tags" and keep the wysiwyg while using struts-tag.

The way i used :

in the installation folder of dreamweaver, get the
> ConfigurationThirdPartyTags folder, create a new xml file, edit it with this content :

---------------(copy after this line)-------------

-----------------(end of copy above this line)----------

and save your file.
If you look into it you'll see that dreamweaver will replace the listed tags by an image "myIcon.gif" , so you have to place this image ( of your choice ) in the folder too.

That's done.

(listed tags above are not exhaustive)

Posted By:   Forest_Arnold  
Posted On:   Sunday, February 8, 2004 07:18 AM

FWA Software has a product that integrates the Struts 1.1 tags with Dreamweaver, enabling development of JSP's that contain the tags in the Dreamweaver IDE. You can view screenshots from the product and obtain information about it at FWA software's web site. The web address is http://www.fwasi.com.

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Wednesday, February 4, 2004 09:02 AM

...I read a book where it is said : "When you use Struts, you should only use Struts tags", ...

What book would have said something silly like that? Remind me not to buy it! :-)

Posted By:   Scott_McCrory  
Posted On:   Tuesday, February 3, 2004 06:31 PM

AFAIK you can use struts tags just fine with Dreamweaver, but don't expect it to know what methods are appropriate or to be able to render them in the page view. WSAD does a better job at it, albeit at a significantly higher price.
About | Sitemap | Contact