dcsimg
Error accessing web services sequentially (serially)
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Jason_Cramer
Posted On:   Monday, February 2, 2004 11:05 AM

I am attempting to execute two distinct web services calls to two separate systems that perform different tasks. I took the wsdl for each web service, and using the Axis wsdl2java tool, generated proxy code to connect to each. I was successful! Then I attempted to call each web service sequentially from the same class. That's when I ran into a problem. The first service called returns the expected data successfully, but the second web service called times out. This is true no matter which of the 2 web service calls I access first. The 1st service called succeeds, the 2nd service called fails. I have been able to trace the code up to the org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke() call. If I drill into the proxy code and comment out the _call.invoke line of code   More>>

I am attempting to execute two distinct web services calls to two separate systems that perform different tasks. I took the wsdl for each web service, and using the Axis wsdl2java tool, generated proxy code to connect to each.

I was successful!

Then I attempted to call each web service sequentially from the same class. That's when I ran into a problem. The first service called returns the expected data successfully, but the second web service called times out. This is true no matter which of the 2 web service calls I access first. The 1st service called succeeds, the 2nd service called fails. I have been able to trace the code up to the org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke() call. If I drill into the proxy code and comment out the _call.invoke line of code in the first web service call, the second will execute.

Has anyone seen anything like this? I've tried nulling every variable I possibly can before attempting that second call. Anyone have any ideas???

Thanks,
Jason

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact