"Object not connected to server" JNI to DLL to PowerPoint through COM interface.
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Shane_Banks
Posted On:   Tuesday, January 27, 2004 06:42 AM

Hi, Have a DLL that controls PowerPoint through the COM interface. I can open and close .ppt files, and do a few simple things like, move to next slide and move to previous slide. I then have a Java interface that talks to the DLL through JNI All this works fairly well. Problem is a that I sometimes get the following error "Object is not connected to server" Why is this??? I have this running in a client server situation where the DLL and the JNI interface class is on a remote client and I communicate with it across RMI. Is this maybe cusing me problems. This can work fine for a while and then I get the error. Cheers Shane.    More>>

Hi,

Have a DLL that controls PowerPoint through the COM interface. I can open and close .ppt files, and do a few simple things like, move to next slide and move to previous slide.
I then have a Java interface that talks to the DLL through JNI
All this works fairly well.

Problem is a that I sometimes get the following error
"Object is not connected to server"
Why is this???
I have this running in a client server situation where the DLL and the JNI interface class is on a remote client and I communicate with it across RMI. Is this maybe cusing me problems.
This can work fine for a while and then I get the error.

Cheers
Shane.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact