Sunday, March 28, 2004 10:46 PM
I had a similar issue.
I investigated it by editing the server8080.xml file to increase the debugging level from 0 to 2 everywhere I could see debug. I had to stop jbuilder to be able to save the server8080.xml file.
I eventually discovered that jbuilder was using its internal browser to make a request from the Tomcat that it started. The URL that the browser was asking for was simply /. It should have been asking for /appname, or even /appname/hello.jsp.
I fixed this by going to the Run Configurations page, and choosing Edit. The window that comes up has categories for: Server/Command Line, Server/Libraries, Services/JSP/Servlets, and Services/Naming/Directory. The JSP/Servlets has a checkbox that was checked and greyed out. But I clicked on the words JSP/Servlets to get the appropriate pane, where I could enter the Launch URI as /appname/hello.jsp.
(I expect that by adding a welcome-file in web.xml, I could have omitted the hello.jsp part.)
All fixed. Hope it helps someone else!