JAX-RPC and non-primitive data types
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Kostas_L
Posted On:   Saturday, January 17, 2004 07:18 PM

Hello all! I am using JWSDP v1.3 and i have a problem using non-primitive data types as return types for my operations. Consider the helloservice example of the JWSDP1.3 tutorial. Now suppose that instead of having the simple operation sayHello() that returns a String, we execute a query on a database, get some ResultSetMetaData and we want these Metadata to be the return type of our operation. I.e. have the operation public ResultSetMetaData sayHello() instead of the public String sayHello() of the tutorial. When trying to build the service i get the following error which is normal, because ResultSetMetaData is not a supported JAX-RPC type. run-wscompile: [echo]   More>>

Hello all!

I am using JWSDP v1.3 and i have a problem using non-primitive data types as return types for my operations.

Consider the helloservice example of the JWSDP1.3 tutorial. Now suppose that instead of having the simple operation sayHello() that returns a String, we execute a query on a database, get some ResultSetMetaData and we want these Metadata to be the return type of our operation. I.e. have the operation

public ResultSetMetaData sayHello()

instead of the

public String sayHello()

of the tutorial.

When trying to build the service i get the following error which is normal, because ResultSetMetaData is not a supported JAX-RPC type.

run-wscompile:
[echo] Running wscompile:
[echo] C:jwsdpapache-ant../jaxrpc/bin/wscompile.bat -define -d build -
nd build -classpath build config-interface.xml -model build/model.
gz
[exec] error: invalid type for JAX-RPC structure: java.sql.ResultSetMetaData
[exec] Result: 1

Is there any way to define an operation like this? Can i specify somehow ResultSetMetaData as a supported-type?

I hope someone can give me some advice on it, because i have lost one evening trying to figure it out myself :)

Regards,

Kostas

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact