How to monitor client cpu information like CPU Usage, Memory, Disk space etc.., when we are using Java RMI Client Server program
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   neo_sez
Posted On:   Monday, January 12, 2004 04:17 PM

Actually I have Client Server program written on Java RMI,
what I need is to monitor Clients Computer that what kind of resources Client Computer has for example CPU Usage, Memory,HDD Space etc..I am new in java and this is my project work so I want my answer in detail, if you want,I can provide the codes of Client server program, plus we dont have one Client but many Clients and we want to monitor every Clients PC,Can we use GUI to see it???

I will be gratful to you if I get my answer

Thanks and best regards
neo

Re: How to monitor client cpu information like CPU Usage, Memory, Disk space etc.., when we are using Java RMI Client Server program

Posted By:   Thomas_Hackel  
Posted On:   Tuesday, January 13, 2004 03:03 AM

Hi!

With standard java methods its not possible to get the CPU usage. Maybe there are some JNI libs wich offer such data, but then you throw the platform independencs over board.

You can only get the memory usage for the java virtual machine process, not of the complete system. Solution would be the same as above.

And you guess it, its not possible to get the free remaining disk space. you can only get the size of single files.

My suggestion is write a native prg on the clientside which gets the data when requested and communicates via tcp/udp (or soap for example) to a java gui which is the controller.
About | Sitemap | Contact