Trouble with javascipt code in Mozilla and Netscpe (but not IE!)
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Etai_Weininger
Posted On:   Thursday, January 8, 2004 01:47 PM

Hello, I wrote some javascript to control a tree menu for webpage I am working on, and the code seems to work fine in Internet Explorer. However, the menu does not work in Netscape, Mozilla, or Safari. Do you have any ideas what could be wrong with this code such that these browsers dont understand the script? Basically the menu allows you to click on an item which opens up a submenu of links. A working version can be found using IE at www.eecs.umich.edu/grs. The code is below: function clickHandler() { var targetId, srcElement, targetElement ; el = window.event.srcElement; if (el.className == "Outline") { targetId = el.id + "d" ; targetElement = document.all(targetId) ; if (targetElement.style.display    More>>

Hello,
I wrote some javascript to control a tree menu for webpage I am working on, and the code seems to work fine in Internet Explorer. However, the menu does not work in Netscape, Mozilla, or Safari. Do you have any ideas what could be wrong with this code such that these browsers dont understand the script? Basically the menu allows you to click on an item which opens up a submenu of links. A working version can be found using IE at www.eecs.umich.edu/grs. The code is below:

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact