jni to use native html/web browser components in java application running under mac osx
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   matthew_cooper
Posted On:   Wednesday, January 7, 2004 05:22 AM

I have an application that runs on both mac and pc, i am looking to move part of the application to a website and have an embeded web browser built into the application to access it. The java version is pants and so i created a jni wrapper that embeds M$IE on a pc into a java pane. This is working fine but now i have to do the same thing on the mac. I have no experience in developing native applications under osx and am unable to find any information on the internet. I have seen and been told that the cocoa libs have a html component that you can use and that there are java wrappers that allow developers to use these native objects within java. has anyone done a similar thing or know of any sites that can be of help?    More>>

I have an application that runs on both mac and pc, i am looking to move part of the application to a website and have an embeded web browser built into the application to access it. The java version is pants and so i created a jni wrapper that embeds M$IE on a pc into a java pane. This is working fine but now i have to do the same thing on the mac.

I have no experience in developing native applications under osx and am unable to find any information on the internet. I have seen and been told that the cocoa libs have a html component that you can use and that there are java wrappers that allow developers to use these native objects within java. has anyone done a similar thing or know of any sites that can be of help?

<<Less

Re: jni to use native html/web browser components in java application running under mac osx

Posted By:   Neo_Gigs  
Posted On:   Monday, March 15, 2004 12:12 AM

If you have installed Develop Tools in your Mac, try to locate the ProjectBuilderForJava documentation at /Developer/Documentation/Java

Otherwise look up at Apple Developer site. I just did a good round of tutorial yesterday.
About | Sitemap | Contact