Jdk1.5
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Rob_Fielding
Posted On:   Tuesday, January 6, 2004 07:56 AM

I downloaded a 1.5.0 alpha from ...

http://java.sun.com/developer/earlyAccess/j2sdk150_alpha/

And it seems that if you write even a minimal amount of code with generics like:

List stringList=new List();

It isn't recognizing it. I have had the early access generics over top of 1.4.2 for a while. Is there some flag that needs to be set so that the new syntax is recognized, or is it just that the alpha has not put in things like generics or enumerations yet?

Re: Jdk1.5

Posted By:   Rob_Fielding  
Posted On:   Tuesday, January 6, 2004 01:07 PM

figured it out... for now at least, you pass in the "-source 1.5" flag pair to the jvm, and the new syntax gets recognized.

i am now seeing stuff about everybody with this jdk being under an NDA at some point in time(meaning you are not supposed to discuss it with anyone outside of Sun at that point in time - to protect them from any bad press about the alpha). i don't believe i encountered anything of the sort when i downloaded it (was it in that big long press "i accept" to continue thingy? i had no reason to believe that this license would be substantially different from the one i have seen a hundred times already).

anyway, we have been waiting for mainstream generics and attributes for years.... this is such a great thing to have.
About | Sitemap | Contact