Session Expire problem
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Basavaraj_Bass
Posted On:   Tuesday, December 30, 2003 12:18 PM

My intranet application is as follows: Accepts userid and password. Store userid in the session. Basing on the userid appropriate Menu page is displayed. From menu page user can select different reports developed in jsp. Every report page gets userid and checks some functions.Basing on the function report is displayed to the user Problem When a new report is developed , the report is not able to get userid from the session. After clearing history and delete offline content from my IE and doing 2 or 3 attempts of login I will be able to see the report. Strange. I am using oracle 9ias Can anyone t   More>>

My intranet application is as follows:

Accepts userid and password.

Store userid in the session.

Basing on the userid appropriate Menu page is displayed.

From menu page user can select different reports developed in jsp.

Every report page gets userid and checks some functions.Basing on the function report is displayed to the user

Problem

When a new report is developed , the report is not able to get userid from the session.

After clearing history and delete offline content from my IE and doing 2 or 3 attempts

of login I will be able to see the report.

Strange.

I am using oracle 9ias

Can anyone tell the solution

Thanks,

Bass

<<Less

Re: Session Expire problem

Posted By:   Anin_Mathen  
Posted On:   Wednesday, December 31, 2003 10:31 AM

The problem seems to be more of a session lost scenario. Here are a couple of things to check.

1) Is cookie support turned off in your browser ?
2) Does the Oracle server have cookie based session support turned off ?
3) If 2 is true, then the default is URLRewriting. You will have to encode every single URL that you have in your page if you do not have cookies turned on.
4) You can try the

<@ page session="true" >

tag on top of your jsp pages to force them to maintain sessions.
5)As a test create two simple pages. Create a session variable in the first page and then go to the next page and try to retrieve the variable there and display it.

Hope this helps.
About | Sitemap | Contact