A Web Application with JSP & Servelets
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   NK_Amir
Posted On:   Saturday, December 20, 2003 06:47 PM

How to hide source code on Server?

I've built a web application at ASP platform which is very successfull. The situation is that I wanna give this application to my client and I don't want him to see or have access to the source code.

I don't know much about JSP and Servelets. If I use JSP platform for that application, will I be able to hide the source code? I'll really appreciate if someone could brief me about it.

Thank you and Regards,

Amir

Re: A Web Application with JSP & Servelets

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Wednesday, December 31, 2003 06:02 AM

I think the first response answered the wrong question?

I think a more precise reading of your question was that you want to hide all source code from the sysadmins of the web app server, where the web app is to be deployed, right? ("my client" == owner of web app server host?)

You could pre-compile all your JSP's, and only supply the compiled .class files, if you can figure out how to do that in your development environment.

But then someone can still use "javap" to disassemble any .class file into a .java source file. I have heard there are some kind of obfuscators around which make the resultant .java file a lot harder for humans to read (search the FAQ's here for lots of references).

Re: A Web Application with JSP & Servelets

Posted By:   Nagendra_Barla  
Posted On:   Wednesday, December 31, 2003 03:39 AM

Ya you can do that with the help of JSP and Servlets. Nothing will be visible to the user whatever that is placed under web-inf folder of the webserver.
About | Sitemap | Contact