dcsimg
Include static content in JSP
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Shahmil_Merchant
Posted On:   Wednesday, December 17, 2003 03:14 PM

Hi , I am trying to include a static html file into my jsp in the form of <%@ include file="menu.html"%> <%@ page buffer="128kb" %> I try increasing the buffer size to take care of flushing of the output buffer (as i understand it is done implicitly with a include or page tag). However whenever i try to submit a form ( ultimately a databse update using a servlet) i always seem to get java.lang.IllegalStateException: Response has already been committed I was wondering if there is another way of including a static file into a jsp other than the above way in order to prevent auto flushing. Sinc   More>>

Hi ,

I am trying to include a static html file into my jsp in the form of

<%@ include file="menu.html"%>
<%@ page buffer="128kb" %>

I try increasing the buffer size to take care of flushing of the output buffer (as i understand it is done implicitly with a include or page tag). However whenever i try to submit a form ( ultimately a databse update using a servlet) i always seem to get

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Response has already been committed

I was wondering if there is another way of including a static file into a jsp other than the above way in order to prevent auto flushing. Since i am using an old version of tomcat i cant event use the page tag with the flush=false directive.

thanks

<<Less

Re: Include static content in JSP

Posted By:   Roeland_Lengers  
Posted On:   Thursday, December 18, 2003 05:49 AM

Shouldn't you just specify the page buffer BEFORE you do the actual include?
About | Sitemap | Contact