dcsimg
ftp task fails to get linked file
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   peter_scholz
Posted On:   Tuesday, December 16, 2003 01:08 AM

I am trying to download files from an external ftp server using the ftp task, action="get". This works well, except for one file that is a just a link to another file in the same directory. I was planning to download the file using the link name, as the 'real' name changes quite often and that would mean I have to change my script every time they change that file name. I can download that file using the link name with any other ftp client, just with ant I don't get it, neither using wildcards, or specifying the full name. Also this file isn't listed then using action="list". Anybody has a solution/tip, or is this a deficiency in this task? Thanks for any informat   More>>

I am trying to download files from an external ftp server using the ftp task, action="get".

This works well, except for one file that is a just a link to another file in the same directory. I was planning to download the file using the link name, as the 'real' name changes quite often and that would mean I have to change my script every time they change that file name.

I can download that file using the link name with any other ftp client, just with ant I don't get it, neither using wildcards, or specifying the full name. Also this file isn't listed then using action="list".

Anybody has a solution/tip, or is this a deficiency in this task?

Thanks for any information.

Peter Scholz

<<Less

Re: ftp task fails to get linked file

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Wednesday, December 17, 2003 01:53 AM

That is a reported bug and should be resolved in the latest Ant version (1.6B3).
About | Sitemap | Contact