auto sending of email using jsp
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   mistgal_chen
Posted On:   Monday, December 15, 2003 06:50 PM

hi..

i hav tried using the sending E-Mails with JSP to send email, of cuz it works well. however, i hav another requirement tat is to send it out automatically. It is when there is any modification with my database, ther must be an email notification send out automatically to the administrator. hw am i going to further implement it on my jsp pages to change it as auto send email?

cheers

let mi noe if u guys need more info like my jsp pg or servlet bean..

Re: auto sending of email using jsp

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Monday, December 15, 2003 07:55 PM

Why would you want to use a jsp? is that the only technology you know? :-) A jsp is a passive thing which is only intended to send back a response page when you submit or forward a request to its URL.

If you want to trigger something, e.g. sending email, off changes in your database, I would look into either using real triggers in the database, or perhaps some kind of polling from a daemon (maybe a waste, unless your changes are going to happen very often), or a periodically scheduled query from a cron job, assuming that the triggered email doesn't really have to come exactly when the change is made, as long as it comes soon afterwards. And perhaps a Perl script, with DBI module, would be the best way to implement the polling or cron job...

About | Sitemap | Contact