Redhat 9 defaulting to old Jdk java version "1.3.1"
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Dale_Key
Posted On:   Sunday, December 14, 2003 05:12 PM

Despite entering the proper path into the .bash_profile XXXXXX example from bash_profile PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin export ANT_HOME=/home/dale/ProjectDevel/ant export JAVA_HOME=/home/dale/ProjectDevel/j2sdk1.4.2 export PATH=${PATH}:${ANT_HOME}/bin export OFBIZ_HOME=/home/dale/ProjectDevel/ofbiz # export JBOSS_HOME=/var/jboss/server/default/deploy when I run java -version @ the command line i still recieve Java version "1.3.1" jdkgcj 0.2.3 (http://www.arklinux.org/projects/jdkgcj) gcj (GCC) 3.2.2 20030222 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.2-5) I think that I have somwehow done this myself by mistake, being both a L   More>>

Despite entering the proper path into the .bash_profile

XXXXXX example from bash_profile

PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin
export ANT_HOME=/home/dale/ProjectDevel/ant
export JAVA_HOME=/home/dale/ProjectDevel/j2sdk1.4.2
export PATH=${PATH}:${ANT_HOME}/bin
export OFBIZ_HOME=/home/dale/ProjectDevel/ofbiz
# export JBOSS_HOME=/var/jboss/server/default/deploy

when I run java -version @ the command line i still recieve

Java version "1.3.1"
jdkgcj 0.2.3 (http://www.arklinux.org/projects/jdkgcj)
gcj (GCC) 3.2.2 20030222 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.2-5)

I think that I have somwehow done this myself by mistake, being both a Linux and Java newbie. I cannot locate this older Jdk anywhere on my system, if anyone has any ideas how to force the change back to the current Jdk it would be of great help!

Thank You in advance,

Dale Key

Please use html tags to format code blocks.    <<Less

Re: Redhat 9 defaulting to old Jdk java version "1.3.1"

Posted By:   Dale_Key  
Posted On:   Monday, December 15, 2003 08:07 AM

Sorry for the stupid question, apparently RedHat does not like more than one Jdk installed, I had one in usr/local as well.
After un-installing that one and pointing to the /usr/local/ that fixed my problem.
About | Sitemap | Contact