javaMail
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   giorgia_grillo
Posted On:   Tuesday, December 2, 2003 02:19 AM

Hi guys, my collegue is going banana with me continously around his desk asking information! And probably you, too had enough of my questioning, but...I have no other resources than this forum to get help from! My Company is "Microsoft - ASP oriented" and my project is the first one using another technology. Sob, they rely on me and I don't know absolutely NOTHING about systems!!!! I'm still trying to connect to mySql ... I think (and also my collegue) there have been some problems with tomcat installetion right from the beginning (we're planning to reinstall it). However...in the meantime I'm trying to send an email. And...it does'nt work!!! I configured the server.xml for a remote smtp using port 25, but I have the "ping" disabled. I m   More>>

Hi guys,
my collegue is going banana with me continously around his desk asking information! And probably you, too had enough of my questioning, but...I have no other resources than this forum to get help from! My Company is "Microsoft - ASP oriented" and my project is the first one using another technology. Sob, they rely on me and I don't know absolutely NOTHING about systems!!!! I'm still trying to connect to mySql ... I think (and also my collegue) there have been some problems with tomcat installetion right from the beginning (we're planning to reinstall it). However...in the meantime I'm trying to send an email. And...it does'nt work!!! I configured the server.xml for a remote smtp using port 25, but I have the "ping" disabled. I mean..from another station I ping my linux-tomcat PC fine, but I can't ping the other stations from my linux-tomcat PC. My collegue told me problably I've got problems with ping functions and left exausted.
Any idea what have I to do next? throwing away the pc and going home?!!!!

<<Less

Re: javaMail

Posted By:   Simon_Ablett  
Posted On:   Tuesday, December 2, 2003 05:12 AM

Sounds like you need to buy a book on tcp/ip system's administration and/or Linux admin. Have a look at the O'Reilly ones (here); they are pretty good.

Regards.
About | Sitemap | Contact