dcsimg
Trying to use onExit() to run logout script
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Rob_Meyer
Posted On:   Monday, November 17, 2003 11:04 AM

function closeIt() { document.closeout.submit() } ]]>]]> Looked on the web for over an hour and can't find an answer. I have some simple html/perl chatrooms. When someone logs off, they're suppose to press the 'logoff' button, but some just close the window. To counter this, I've added a top frame that should log them out on unload/exit. The problem is it works on some computers (my home pc) but not on others (work pc). My perl script does eventually time them out and removes them, but I want them logged out immediately. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Here is the script: Open Forum Quick Chat Top Sites Outdoor Network. Click Here    More>>

Looked on the web for over an hour and can't find an answer. I have some simple html/perl chatrooms. When someone logs off, they're suppose to press the 'logoff' button, but some just close the window. To counter this, I've added a top frame that should log them out on unload/exit. The problem is it works on some computers (my home pc) but not on others (work pc). My perl script does eventually time them out and removes them, but I want them logged out immediately. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Here is the script:

Open Forum Quick Chat

Top Sites Outdoor Network. Click Here

The chatroom can be seen/tested at http://www.fishingnotebook.com , upper left

Thanks!

Rob    <<Less

Re: Trying to use onExit() to run logout script

Posted By:   Firat_Tiryaki  
Posted On:   Monday, November 17, 2003 11:34 PM

try to use onbeforeunload event.
About | Sitemap | Contact