dcsimg
Simple script makes window not respond
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Philippe_Ingels
Posted On:   Monday, November 10, 2003 05:00 PM

Hi, I have a html page with a button that calls a javascript to open a new browser window at a specific size etc: BUTTON: href="javascript:openWindow();" SCRIPT: function openWindow() { popupWin = window.open("http://www.myURL.com/myFile.html", "", "toolbar=no,menubar=no,width=screen.width-10,height=screen.height-30,resizable=yes") } // done hiding -->]]>]]> It all works fine on my one machine but on my other, which also have IE6 and WindowsXP, the second window opens at a different WIDTH and the html page that lauched the second page crashes (as if it has gone into an infinite loop a   More>>

Hi, I have a html page with a button that calls a javascript to open a new browser window at a specific size etc:

BUTTON:

href="javascript:openWindow();"

SCRIPT:

It all works fine on my one machine but on my other, which also have IE6 and WindowsXP, the second window opens at a different WIDTH and the html page that lauched the second page crashes (as if it has gone into an infinite loop and cannot execute any instructions ... the button is dead and a message pops up that the window is not responding.)

Any ideas what is going on. I must admit that I haven't much of a clue about javaScript.

Thanks

Philippe

<<Less

Re: Simple script makes window not respond

Posted By:   Jerry_Lampi  
Posted On:   Friday, November 14, 2003 01:20 PM

Not sure, but you could try having your button say:

onclick="openWindow();"

and remove the href= business. I am IE 6.0.2 and Win 2000 Pro and it works.
About | Sitemap | Contact