How to access the SOAP request at the server side, whilst still using a JAX-RPC style interface
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Andy_Maule
Posted On:   Monday, November 10, 2003 04:16 AM

Hi, I have been trying to work out the best way of doing the following: I want to have a web service that can be exposed in the same way as using JAX-RPC Web service. I would like it to be accessable from a JAX-RPC client, using an exposed WSDL interface on the server (I'll be using Tomcat). However the problem comes when I need to access the SOAP request at the server end. I need more access than is provided by the JAX-RPC handler mechanism. Ideally I would like to use the JAX-RPC approach on the server, but be able to access a request object that exposed the contents of the soap request. I've been looking into using a servlet and SAAJ at the server, but I'm not sure how I would go about exposing the   More>>

Hi,

I have been trying to work out the best way of doing the following:

I want to have a web service that can be exposed in the same way as using JAX-RPC Web service. I would like it to be accessable from a JAX-RPC client, using an exposed WSDL interface on the server (I'll be using Tomcat).

However the problem comes when I need to access the SOAP request at the server end.

I need more access than is provided by the JAX-RPC handler mechanism. Ideally I would like to use the JAX-RPC approach on the server, but be able to access a request object that exposed the contents of the soap request.

I've been looking into using a servlet and SAAJ at the server, but I'm not sure how I would go about exposing the interface as WSDL on Tomcat in the same way as a normal JAX-RPC service.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm open to any changes in architecture.

Thank you

Andy Maule

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact