Authentication in different tiers
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Amir_Pashazadeh
Posted On:   Sunday, November 9, 2003 10:35 AM

Hi I asked some questions in this forum, and no answer. :( How can I access authentication information in different tiers of a project? We are working on a multi tier J2EE project, and we want to authenticate user (we are not sure whether using JAAS or not). Is there any simple way to have access to authentication information in all tiers including Service Facade, Business Doman, and Data Access tiers? If it was just a web tier we could save authentication information in user session , but it is not good to couple business tier, data access tier and ... to web specification (including HttpSession). A solution is passing authentication object using method parameters but it is not a very good, solution, and all the inte   More>>

Hi

I asked some questions in this forum, and no answer. :(

How can I access authentication information in different tiers of a project? We are working on a multi tier J2EE project, and we want to authenticate user (we are not sure whether using JAAS or not). Is there any simple way to have access to authentication information in all tiers including Service Facade, Business Doman, and Data Access tiers?

If it was just a web tier we could save authentication information in user session , but it is not good to couple business tier, data access tier and ... to web specification (including HttpSession).

A solution is passing authentication object using method parameters but it is not a very good, solution, and all the inter-tier method calls should contain authentication information.

Note: we are working on a multi-tier and potentialy distributed project, so I think attaching authentication info to Thread is not a good solution.

Amir Pashazadeh

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact