popup windows over an application
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Aaron_Griffiths
Posted On:   Wednesday, November 5, 2003 10:43 PM

Dear all Am inquiring about the possibility of creating a popup window that will sit over the top of an application. I'm a teacher who is creating online computer tutorials for students in country districts teaching the basics of different applications. One of the problems I am facing is the need for the students to switch between the instruction in the browser and the actual application they are learning about, as students new to computers find this difficult and it interrupts the instructional flow. Is it at all possible to open a small popup window (with instructions) from the webpage that will stay on top of any application that the student then opens. It is not necessary that the window retain focus as the student will need to have   More>>

Dear all

Am inquiring about the possibility of creating a popup window that will sit over the top of an application.

I'm a teacher who is creating online computer tutorials for students in country districts teaching the basics of different applications. One of the problems I am facing is the need for the students to switch between the instruction in the browser and the actual application they are learning about, as students new to computers find this difficult and it interrupts the instructional flow. Is it at all possible to open a small popup window (with instructions) from the webpage that will stay on top of any application that the student then opens. It is not necessary that the window retain focus as the student will need to have that in the application itself but only that the instruction window stay in front of the application.

A bit of a tall ask I believe but any ideas anyone may have on possible solutions would be greatly appreciated..... by me and the students

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact