Thread writes bad file under linux
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Mario_Speranza
Posted On:   Wednesday, November 5, 2003 12:50 AM

Hi Jguru responsables I'm a programmer and now i'm working on a project under linux. My configuration is JDK 1.3 and kernel is 2.4.21-0.13mdk compiled under mandrake 9.0. JDK runs with root privilege. This means no limits. My question is: I have a lot of synchronized thread running. One of these matters of reciving data from a network connection after a dial up connection (PPP). I noticed that when JVM starts, for example when I start the server, first times thread work properly. After a while, thread cannot more write and i find a lot of files with 0 lenght. Umask for the directory is 777 (we like security ;) and JVM star   More>>

Hi Jguru responsables

I'm a programmer and now i'm working on a project under linux.

My configuration is JDK 1.3 and kernel is 2.4.21-0.13mdk compiled under mandrake 9.0.

JDK runs with root privilege. This means no limits.

My question is:

I have a lot of synchronized thread running. One of these matters of reciving data from a network connection after a dial up connection (PPP).

I noticed that when JVM starts, for example when I start the server, first times thread work properly. After a while,
thread cannot more write and i find a lot of files with 0 lenght.

Umask for the directory is 777 (we like security ;) and JVM starts with root privileges.

Could be this a problems in JVM managing synchronized thread?

Thanks for your answer and sorry for my english (after all I'm italian).
Thanks Again

Mario    <<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact