dcsimg
DATABASE AND J2EE SERVERS
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   perry_arora
Posted On:   Monday, November 3, 2003 04:52 AM

hi friends! Need your help. How to we give information about the data base to the J2ee server, or i should say that how do we tell the information aBout the Datasource which the j2ee server uses to communicate with the Database.. I want to confirm about what i have learned and what i have used so far. In each and every server we have an .xml file for defining the data source , which in other words provides information to the j2ee server about the database! I have used the OC4J( for e.g) the oracle container for java, in this we have an config file name data-source.xml , and in that we have few properties for the tag to be defined, in those properties we    More>>

hi friends!

Need your help.

How to we give information about the data base to the J2ee server, or i should say that how do we tell the information aBout the Datasource which the j2ee server uses to communicate with the Database..

I want to confirm about what i have learned and what i have used so far.

In each and every server we have an .xml file for defining the data source , which in other words provides information to the j2ee server about the database!

I have used the OC4J( for e.g) the oracle container for java, in this we have an config file name data-source.xml , and in that we have few properties for the tag to be defined, in those properties we have one property named,. "url" in which i have used the value as "jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:paorcl" which i think serves a URL for the connecting to the data base..

I THINK I HAVE GOT RIGHT!.

and this is the only information which we provide to the Server about the databasE!>>

and regarding the CONNECTION POOLING that is being handled by the driver it selF what do we do implement that!

Please if any one coud help in what else we need to check about the data base which we are using except this. and What is Connection Pooling..

AND each and every application servers has its own way of handling it.

tnxs in advance!

<<Less

Re: DATABASE AND J2EE SERVERS

Posted By:   AlessandroA_Garbagnati  
Posted On:   Monday, November 3, 2003 05:08 AM

Hi,

Yes, you are right. Actually each application server has its own way to configure everything regarding the datasources.

Connection Pooling is a way to optimize performances based on using collections of pre-allocated resources, such as database connections.

Pooling results in more efficient resource allocation.

If you want some examples or, eventually, some code for creating your own, just search the FAQs on this site.

About | Sitemap | Contact