dcsimg
Will subsequent lookups of a UserTransaction gain access to the same transaction (when the lookups are performed within the same thread)?
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Monday, November 3, 2003 12:41 AM

Hi, I have two different components (non-EJBs) running on an application server that both need access to the current transaction. The first component is responsible to create and span a transaction around the operations performed by 'nested' components. The second one (a 'nested' component) just needs to adjust the timeout of the current transaction. Here is my question: Does the second component really gain access to the transaction associated with the current thread when it obtains the UserTransaction via JNDI, and can it that way set the timeout of the transaction that already has been started by the first component? Thanks for your help!    More>>

Hi,

I have two different components (non-EJBs) running on an application server that both need access to the current transaction.

The first component is responsible to create and span a transaction around the operations performed by 'nested' components. The second one (a 'nested' component) just needs to adjust the timeout of the current transaction.

Here is my question:

Does the second component really gain access to the transaction associated with the current thread when it obtains the UserTransaction via JNDI, and can it that way set the timeout of the transaction that already has been started by the first component?

Thanks for your help!

Carsten

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact