dcsimg
Context path in server.xml
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   aispl_aispl
Posted On:   Thursday, October 30, 2003 07:47 AM

I am trying this won Redhatlinux7.2, tomcat4.0.3 and mysql 4.0.13 Well I do not know whether any one has tried this or not but I hope the experience here will be worth as all it has to do with tomcat 4.1 and further updates. I was trying to use the common packages offered in these version and was needed to make small changes to context path in Server.xml.This was to make use of powerful built in connection pool. While connecting to MySql thru mm.mysql driver i am getting following exception: Exception: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name jdbc is not bound in this Context I intended to add to Server.xml. We tried all possible alternative for this which are briefed below.   More>>

I am trying this won Redhatlinux7.2, tomcat4.0.3 and mysql 4.0.13

Well I do not know whether any one has tried this or not but I hope the experience here will be worth as all it has to do with tomcat 4.1 and further updates.

I was trying to use the common packages offered in these version and was needed to make small changes to context path in Server.xml.This was to make use of powerful built in connection pool.

While connecting to MySql thru mm.mysql driver i am getting following exception:

Exception: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name jdbc is not bound in this Context

I intended to add to Server.xml. We tried all possible alternative for this which are briefed below.

and adding contect path as
docBase="home/virtual/siteN/fst/var/www/html"
crossContext="false"
reloadable="true"/> and restarting tomcat. It has added above as an additional context path apart from one default
docBase="home/virtual/siteN/fst/var/www/html"
crossContext="false"
reloadable="true"/> . Exception remains the same.
This give us an idea that it is still picking the default context path.
So we tried to take chance with something which is not recommended to test this and then restore back original.( Step II)

and restarting tomcat
Exception remains the same. So (step III)

and or restarting tomcat Some thing NEW

Apache Tomcat/4.0.3 - HTTP Status 500 - No Context configured to process this request.

All the required common and naming jars are in common/lib and nowhere else.Web.xml in the web-inf/classes.

Can anyone tell us how one can make changes to context path so that the default can be overwritten with this required context path.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact