Mail delivery failed
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Joost_Schouten
Posted On:   Saturday, October 25, 2003 10:16 AM

Hi, Eventhough my issue is most likely not JAVA related, I hope someone can give some hints on where to look or where to find forums that can help me better. I'm sending emails through javamail from my application. All goes well, except for sending emails to one particulair mail server. All mails sent to *@gep.ge.com do not get there, regardless of the actual mail account on that mailserver (so joe.something@gep.ge.com and marry.another@gep.ge.com would both get the Mail delivery failed message). It seems to me that this would indicate that the gep.ge.com server is blocking emails from my mail server, but the GE guys say they are not. Any hints or tips would greatley be appreciated.   More>>

Hi,

Eventhough my issue is most likely not JAVA related, I hope someone can give some hints on where to look or where to find forums that can help me better.

I'm sending emails through javamail from my application. All goes well, except for sending emails to one particulair mail server. All mails sent to *@gep.ge.com do not get there, regardless of the actual mail account on that mailserver (so joe.something@gep.ge.com and marry.another@gep.ge.com would both get the Mail delivery failed message).

It seems to me that this would indicate that the gep.ge.com server is blocking emails from my mail server, but the GE guys say they are not.

Any hints or tips would greatley be appreciated.

Regards,

Joost

PS: regulair (non automated with javamail) emails sent through my mail server have the same problems.

-------------------------------
The returned mail:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

some.name@gep.ge.com
SMTP error from remote mailer after MAIL FROM: :
host ext-nj2gw.online-age.net [216.35.73.180]:
550 5.7.1 Access denied

------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------

Return-path:
Received: from localhost ([127.0.0.1] helo=t2.cwihosting.com)
by t2.cwihosting.com with esmtp (Exim 4.24)
id 1A6vxi-00059U-KN
for some.name@gep.ge.com; Tue, 07 Oct 2003 12:49:30 -0500
Message-ID: <15912964.1065548970632.JavaMail.joosts@t2.cwihosting.com>
To: some.name@gep.ge.com
Subject: your new account with "PSI project portal" (automated mail)
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/html; charset=ANSI_X3.4-1968
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 12:49:30 -0500
   <<Less

Re: Mail delivery failed

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Saturday, October 25, 2003 02:43 PM

550 5.7.1 Access denied

That is their SMTP server, specifically rejecting your MAIL FROM return address. The only way it could do this would be because it has been configured (or mis-configured) to do so.

About | Sitemap | Contact