dcsimg
Execute java app from ant - where is my output?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   kevin_lahoda
Posted On:   Friday, October 24, 2003 07:02 AM

Hi, I am interested in using ant instead of shell scripts to execute my built project. I am wondering what the best way to send output from my project to the ant shell is. For example in my project, i see all the dialog print out when i execute the class via shellscript, but with ant all i get is: ant example-run Buildfile: build.xml example-run: [java] Java Result: 1 BUILD SUCCESSFUL Total time: 5 seconds What is the best way to get my output from my class into the ant output? This is important because i would rather not have a whole mess of .sh files cluttering the project drectory, but we also need to see what the project is doing    More>>

Hi, I am interested in using ant instead of shell scripts to execute my built project. I am wondering what the best way to send output from my project to the ant shell is. For example in my project, i see all the dialog print out when i execute the class via shellscript, but with ant all i get is:

ant example-run

Buildfile: build.xml

example-run:

[java] Java Result: 1

BUILD SUCCESSFUL

Total time: 5 seconds

What is the best way to get my output from my class into the ant output? This is important because i would rather not have a whole mess of .sh files cluttering the project drectory, but we also need to see what the project is doing when we run it.

<<Less

Re: Execute java app from ant - where is my output?

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Tuesday, November 25, 2003 11:31 PM

You can only collect the output of your program in a property or file. But a totally other aproach should work: output done by log4j. Then you can let log4j do the output via SocketAppender or IMAppender (or something other) when invoked by Ant (simply provide another log4.config-file).
About | Sitemap | Contact