Specifyinh Transaction Attribute for COmplete BEAN!! help needed
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   perry_arora
Posted On:   Wednesday, October 22, 2003 05:12 AM

HI FRIENDS! Need you expert help. on two issues.. (1)First about transaction, In case ENtity beans while specifying the transactional attributes we can specify them either for each and every method for we can specify them for the entire bean' Can any helpme with the code for specifying the transactional attributes for the entire EJB.(Like if i want that the Home interface methode are also in the transaction for a specific method we do that with the elements but i dont know how to do that for the entire bean. (2) Is is advisable to acesss the ENtity beans remotely from a Session bean ,. as far as i have seen the session bean are only coded to reduce the complex data ba   More>>

HI FRIENDS!

Need you expert help. on two issues..

(1)First about transaction,

In case ENtity beans while specifying the transactional attributes we can specify them either for each and every method for we can specify them for the entire bean'

Can any helpme with the code for specifying the transactional attributes for the entire EJB.(Like if i want that the Home interface methode are also in the transaction

for a specific method we do that with the elements but i dont know how to do that for the entire bean.

(2) Is is advisable to acesss the ENtity beans remotely from a Session bean ,. as far as i have seen the session bean are only coded to reduce the complex data base transactions,

which are among different entity beans.

Plz i will be waiting for your suggestion! and cOde ALso..

Regards...

.    <<Less

Re: Specifyinh Transaction Attribute for COmplete BEAN!! help needed

Posted By:   Thomas_John  
Posted On:   Wednesday, October 22, 2003 11:08 PM

2) Beans are always accessed thru RMI mechanism as per EJB 1.1 specification. 2.0 specification brings in "Local interfaces" which bypasses the RMI protocol. But there are various factors you need to consider when deciding wether to use Local or remote interfaces. Yes, you are right when you say session beans are used to model transactions. Session beans are seen as extensions to the client. They manage the workflow. The reduce the network trip by encapsulating databse interactions within them.
About | Sitemap | Contact