dcsimg
Help needed - Big time!
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Terry_Davis
Posted On:   Friday, October 17, 2003 04:57 PM

Hi Folks! I'd appreciate a bit of advice on the following matter. I had a bit of a grilling today from four lecturers at my University concerning my final year project (btw that's a normal proceadure) They were asking me questions about my proposed system and the overall architeture. To be honest I became unstuck and didn't have the the answers they wanted to hear, so I have a bit of work to do. Basically my system will be a mobile based application that wil allow drivers to receive traffic alerts and receive route planning information. The core functionality will centre around location based (gps-type) ability. An example - a driver can be automatically alerted about traffic incidents in the vicinity they're in and along their route. Also when a drive   More>>

Hi Folks! I'd appreciate a bit of advice on the following matter. I had a bit of a grilling today from four lecturers at my University concerning my final year project (btw that's a normal proceadure) They were asking me questions about my proposed system and the overall architeture. To be honest I became unstuck and didn't have the the answers they wanted to hear, so I have a bit of work to do.
Basically my system will be a mobile based application that wil allow drivers to receive traffic alerts and receive route planning information. The core functionality will centre around location based (gps-type) ability. An example - a driver can be automatically alerted about traffic incidents in the vicinity they're in and along their route. Also when a driver wants to plan a route, he must supply the destination and the system can in 'real time' guide the driver to his destination, by constanstly tracking his location.
My lecturers were asking me how I was going to supply this information, store details about routes, provide traffic details. To be honest I had no decent reply and was basically waffling. So overall they reckon that the back end of the system will be a very important aspect, and they want me to be aware of the exact architecture of the sytsem.
I hope I gave you a good idea of were I'm at. To be perfectly honest I'm an average student but I do put the necessary work in, but I find this a bit daunting.
So if posible can anyone be so kind enough to advise me on what type of architecture I should be looking for, i.e. how the system will be able to provide route information, store route details and in particular how the backend of the system wil function. Btw the system will be developed in Java and I will be me using Sybase as the database. Thanks in advance!!

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact